Friday, June 6, 2008

Recycling Awareness



We did this project in about two weeks time and I can say that I learned a lot from it. I didn't care much about the environment like many people my age but I've learned that if we recycle the world would be a much cleaner place. I also learned that the items that I throw away could be recycled. I saw how much people litter at school and I feel that the school wouldn't look half as bad if we just didn't litter. I didn't even know. what compost was before we started and now I know that its an organic substitute for fertilizer and that it has no pesticides. I didn't care about recycling and thought it was mostly turning in cans and bottles for money like my family does sometimes. I now recycle and try not to litter as much as I can and it has changed my perspective of how I see the world . I could recycle boxes instead of throwing them away and I can also recycle the food scraps so that it can be made into compost. This project really helped me get into recycling and through public awareness I believe that the public can get into the recycling habit too. The main thing that we are seeking to do is get our students here at Tennyson High School aware of the problems with not recycling and try to influence them to start recycling. So whoever reads this remember when you recycle we all benefit and yes that means you too.

No comments: